Wednesday, July 15, 2009

New Neighbors

I would love to post chronological things but it is practically impossible since my memories come up and go without any logic.

Well I moved many times from city to city in my childhood let's see... 4 times actually. Sometimes I even think that this is the reason why I am so shy... I mean it may have stunted my "making friends anywhere" skills. Because when I think in my past I remember I was a very sociable child. Ok here am I losing the point of this post and trying at the same time blame something else besides myself for being so quiet. But anyway this post has something to do with it.

When I had just moved in to the second city the new neighbors (little girls like me) went to my home and my mom told then to come in (I was 5 years old). They went there and explained that they heard they had new neighbors and all, so they were there to welcome me!

I do not remember this fact very well what I do remember is that I did not spoke a word, and my mom and sister did all the talking. When the girls left my mom and sister looked at me and said that I was anti social, that the girls were there to welcome me and I did not say a word and that this was not a good way to make new friends and blah blah blah.

I felt really bad after that and started thinking about what I should have done, what is kind of useless after the situation happened.

This memory ends up here. Well when I think about it I realize that my mom and sis did not help me at all only criticizing my behavior...

Then there is another recall that I have from that week I guess. I was hanging out in the stairway (I lived in a building) with these girls and we were talking about ages and I said "I am going to turn 6" as if it would made me a very grown up and wise woman. Hahaha that was cute...

No comments:

Post a Comment